Saturday, March 31

March 31, 2018 Music from Bandcamp #13


1) Send one of my bodies out the window - Image Over Being (Detroit, Michigan)

Drums, lots of drums, some squiggly line video game noises, and title words. Jackson Pollock music. What plane of existence is this?

2) Fix Them All - Kate Schroder (Ottawa, Ontario)

Drum loops, keyboards, more loops, spoken word munchkin voice "what do you want me to say?" Say say say what you want, but don't play games with my affection.

3) Contumaz (Fugitivo) - El Golem (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico)

Cool rotary/chorus effect at 2:30, reminds me of Black Hole Sun and Alvin Lee's vocals during the chorus of I'd Love To Change The World. Overall, it has a Dream On/Babe I'm Gonna Leave You mood to it. I interpret it as the end of an affair, the lyrics are pretty gloomy. The chorus translates to something like this:
Return to your torture
to the hanging gardens of bitterness
fly free since in order to suffer you were born
you are a fugitive because in the end you fled 

Related image


No comments:

Post a Comment