Sunday, March 11

March 11, 2018 Music from Bandcamp #10

I am stuck on bandcamp, 'cause bandcamp's stuck on me

1) 26 February 2015 (White Bear) - north-without-end (New York)

I like the album cover. Watching the paint dry takes patience, and you can't have patience without paint. This is quite a minimalist piece, ambient, a presence in the room. I have lost all sense of time.

2) upanijjhana - I Am Somebody (Pokhara, Nepal)

There should be a horizontal line over the first a but I couldn't find an alt code. Scratchiness, sudden drum/bass, voices, birds, static, piano? whoa, wasn't expecting this piece to change. Interesting how it morphs into quasi-new age territory.

3) Forever - I, Ced (St. Louis)

High-end production gloss. Kind of modern Stevie Wonder, or Earth Wind & Fire, but jazzier. I like the piano and the vocal layers. I can hear a little Joe Jackson in the piano. At 2:39 it enters a trippier section. The final 1:30 has a nice groove. It has an extra 0:27 of silence on the end, not sure what that's all about.

Image result for weird random images








No comments:

Post a Comment