Monday, February 8

February 8, 2016 - Albert Band - Ella Tiene El Cabello Rubio (1970)


Jimi Hendrix sang, "I want to hear and see everything." That's how I feel about music. It seems like whenever I think I'm familiar with everything in the history of 20th century music, something new reaches my ears. This song, in English it means 'she has blonde hair', is a driving mess of spikey guitar chords, punctured tire bass lines, and somewhat under the radar swirling organ. The vocalist is wild, I love how the intensity of his voice builds through the verses. He starts out fairly subdued, then his voice rises and he sounds like he's about to throw a tantrum. I'd be like, Hey dude, just calm down OK? I can't help you if you are going to be all crazy. I wish I could say this at my job! In Spanish, too! The guitar solo starts around :53 and is truly warped. These guys were from the great city of Barcelona, and this song appears on the amazing compilation Andergraun Vibrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment