Tuesday, February 2

February 2, 2016 - The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life (1966)


I could not find the Revolver version of this song on you tube, so I found something close - take 8. I also recorded my own instrumental version, if anyone wants to check it out.

This song will always take me back to the summer of 1976, I can picture my nine-year-old self at Deerspring Pool, eating chips and fla-vor-ice from the snack bar and impatiently waiting for the whistle that marked the end of the 15 minute adult swim period. This song came on a lot through the radio loudspeakers. It had been reissued that year as a single. I didn't find out that the song was originally from 1966 until a few years later.

This may be my favorite song of Paul's. His voice is amazing. The horns are so dramatic, and they have a unique texture to them. They remind me of the opening horns in Stevie Wonder's 'Sir Duke'. The other part of the song I like is George's guitar at the end, it is magical and brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment