Tuesday, February 16

February 16, 2016 - The Outsiders - Sun's Going Down (1965)


The Outsiders were a fantastic Dutch group. I think their blank expressions in the photo are due to the photographer insisting they include that creepy doll. I first heard this song on a CD that came with Richie Unterberger's book Unknown Legends of Rock 'n' Roll. I checked it out from Multnomah County Library years ago and was instantly hooked by this song. It's a very mournful tune, when the sun goes down it means the end of a relationship. Tomorrow the narrator's girl is going away. All of this will just be memories and dreams.

I particularly love the guitar, the simple opening lines, the arpeggiated chords, the "I wish today would never end" part. The drums are great as well, nice little fills scattered about here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment