Thursday, September 8

September 8, 2016 - The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her (1971)


Can I have that record? No my brother, you've got to buy your own! The Chi-Lites...anyone remember that commercial for Hey Love? Classic.

Have You Seen Her is an early 70s R&B slow groove story of lost love. Dig that opening distorted guitar - bowwwww...bow wah bow wah bah ba ba baba...One month ago today, I was happy as a lark. The spoken word part lasts until 1:20 before the rest of the guys get to sing. They're like, yeah, you want some cheese with that whine? Man, she's gone and she's not coming back and you've been hanging out in a park with a bunch of kids for a whole month? What is wrong with you? The guy eventually admits that he's been used to havin someone to lean on, and now...well, I guess he has to make his own dinner and do his own laundry. At least he can go to the movies, or 'picture shows' if you will...by himself. Awww, he'll find someone else in another month...then he'll be singing 'I don't care if you've seen her, don't tell me if you've seen her.'

As another day comes to an end, I'm lookin for a letter or somethin'...come on dude, that's just sad.

Image result for chi-lites






No comments:

Post a Comment