Friday, August 12

August 12, 2016 - Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (1975)


And now, gentle reader, if you recall, yesterday I spoke of Bruce Springsteen and here he is. The Boss. An icon of American popular music from the late 20th century...and he's still going strong.

Born to Run is a motorcycle roaring through images of working class life in the vast desolation of New York urban sprawl. It is a mini opera, an escapist fantasy, a rock n roll dream, a tour de force.

I don't have much else to say about it...it pretty well speaks for itself.




1 comment:

  1. My memory of the first time I heard the album I borrowed it from a friend. I remember having headphones on attached to a Morse Electrophonic turn table. I turned up Born to Run loud and lip synched like I was part of the band!

    ReplyDelete