Saturday, July 9

July 9, 2016 - Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (1975)


'Houses of the Holy', from the legendary Physical Graffiti album. Don't you wish there was a song called 'Physical Graffiti' on the Houses of the Holy album? I never had Physical Graffiti on vinyl, thus I never had to flip the record. Having the CD means this song can surprise you if you aren't paying attention. 'In My Time of Dying' has a few moments of quiet talk before it completely finishes. Then, bam, the metallic 'Houses of the Holy' guitar jumps right out of your speakers, and if you're playing the album loudly, which of course you should be doing, the effect can be even more dramatic. It has happened to me many times, and I am always amazed. Surprisingly, Led Zeppelin never played this song in concert. Perhaps the opening riff would have shocked the audience. Or the monkey?

Jimmy Page with another incredible guitar riff, he sure had loads of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment