Friday, July 22

July 22, 2016 - Pink Floyd - Astronomy Domine (1967)


Let's go explore the solar system with Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd, shall we? This song is from The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, the only full PF album with Syd. His guitar shines like the sun, floating out there in between the second scene in the icy waters.

Astronomy Domine is a trippy ride through space, around Jupiter and Saturn, Oberon, Miranda and Titania. Miranda is a moon orbiting Uranus...hahaha. So is Titania - that sure sounds like something massive revolving around Uranus. I don't think I want to explore Uranus. (pause for everyone to stop laughing).

I wonder if Syd would have laughed at that joke or if he would have just stared at me and asked me to leave him alone? :( Syd.







No comments:

Post a Comment