Sunday, July 10

July 10, 2016 - The Doors - Roadhouse Blues (1970)


The classic line from Roadhouse Blues is 'Well I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer.' The middle section with all the nonsense Morrison words is great too:

You gotta beep a gunk a chucha
Honk konk konk
You gotta each you puna
Each ya bop a luba
Each yall bump a kechonk
Ease sum konk
Ya, ride

It's a rockin from the get go tune. Lonnie Mack plays bass on it, that's pretty cool. The opening guitar is just what I'd expect to hear at a roadhouse. Bikers and chains. Then I'd expect the beer drinkin, the sweat, the hollerin, the name callin, the fightin, but I don't know. I've never been to a roadhouse and I've never seen the Patrick Swayze film. Speaking of which, it has Sam Elliott and Ben Gazzara? How have I not seen this movie?! Is it really that bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment