Monday, July 4

July 4, 2016 - Factory - Path Through the Forest (1968)


Ah, back to the trippy magical psychedelic night light. Feedback opening. This is your basic two chord masterpiece, from the excellent Nuggets II box set. Do I want to take this Path Through the Forest? I don't think so. But for now I'll enjoy it vicariously through this song. The idea of insanity does not appeal to me, no matter how wild the trip might be. But you might. If something goes wrong, I hope I can visit you in one psych ward or another.

The vocals have that eerie hidden among the trees quality. Where are you, voice? All around me, but nowhere in particular. Hey, Mark! I am singing to you through the pay phone over there. Oh, yes, I see it. Thanks. But what's a pay phone doing here in the forest? It's not. You're at a 7-11, idiot. Don't you remember? You were all scared to take the path, waaah waah, I might end up in a psych ward. Waah I'm so scared. Oh yeah, I remember now...I just wrote that. So...you don't know what you're talking about with the vocals, do you? No, sir.

Anyhow, I've decided the guitar is the vehicle that's gonna get me safely through the forest. It is so amazingly cool. Yes, now I will take the path. I am confident that the guitar is there to protect me. Besides, The Factory were, like, a bunch of teenagers or something! Mustn't show fear. Must be brave. Nice teenagers. Shshsure I will take the path. What, you think I'm scared or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment