Sunday, March 27

March 27, 2016 - Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud (1965)


One of those 'what the heck is Mick singing?' Stones tunes. I still haven't learned all the lyrics to this song. Sometimes it's fun to just blabber along with Mick and make up my own words. Still, a click on google and the lyrics appear before my eyes. Oh yeah, so that's how the words go. Now I feel that if I had just listened very carefully I might have figured the lyrics out for myself. But that's all hindsight now.

Mick wishes he could stop the world for a minute so he can enjoy some peace and quiet. The main six beat drum riff from Charlie Watts punctuates Mick's frustration. This song is like a companion piece to 'Satisfaction'...Mick keeps getting hassled by commercial entities, neighbors, fans, mum...git oaf mi cloud, mum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment