Monday, March 14

March 14, 2016 - The MC5 - Kick Out the Jams (1969)


Detroit. Grande Ballroom. Halloween 1968. Picture it. Smoke, sweat, beer, electricity, rock n roll ready. 'Right now, right now, it's time to...' This song is like a wild animal being unchained. I bought the 'Brothers and Sisters' version of the album Kick out the Jams, for $7.99 at 2nd Hand Tunes in Evanston around 1991. Still have it. I never cared that I didn't have the pricey motherf--- version. I still thought it was funny that Elektra executives were offended. I mean, 1968 was an angry militant year, let it out, express yourself! I think Howard Dean listened to this song before he made the speech that caused everyone to freak out. 'And then we're going to my house to listen to the MC5. Yeahhahhh!!'




No comments:

Post a Comment