Saturday, June 23

June 23, 2018 Music from Bandcamp #25

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ndcamp

1) I'm Your Boogie Man - Uncle Gus (Crown Point, Indiana)

Yeah, man! Crown Point, home of the Star Plaza Theatre. Rock n Roll! Oh yeah, this is some cool music. Got that ZZ Top action happening, with some great almost Captain Beefheart vocals. Love it. Sweet solo.

2) Let Your Spirit Fly - Western Sunburst (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

At the moment, my Argentinian friend is bummed because they aren't doing too well at the World Cup. I like this guy's voice, reminds me of another band from this country called Almendra. This is a cool tune, I like the rhythm in the middle part. Oh yeah, another rockin guitar solo! ¡Que excelente!

3) The Gong - DUB * IRATION Sound System (Guadalajara, Mexico)

Wow, Mexico is kicking butt at the World Cup! ¡IncreĆ­ble! This tune tells the story of Leonard Howell, a Jamaican religious leader, an early Rastafari preacher. He is known as The Gong, or The First Rasta. Kind of like a musical history lesson, which I support wholeheartedly.

Image result for random images with no context




No comments:

Post a Comment