Tuesday, October 11

October 11, 2016 - Earth, Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World (1975)


That's the Way of the World is the name of the song, the album, and...the soundtrack for the motion picture of the same name...really?! I never heard of the movie. Harvey Keitel was in it, and several members of Earth, Wind & Fire in cameo roles. It must have been a pretty bad movie, and not bad meaning good either. It got 6.4 stars on imdb.com so I guess some people like it.

This is a big slice of mellow 70s music melon for your ears. Soft keyboards start it off, then drums and light horns come in. Heart of fire, creates love desire, sings...I'm not sure, I assume it's Philip Bailey? He had the falsetto voice, but he could sing in multiple octaves. I love EWF tunes, because they usually have a message and feeling of love and hope. The world is a hard place, but with love we can rise above it all and exist on a higher plane of joy and share that joy with others. There are lots of cool little soulful vocal moments, too: 1:19 and 4:10 'well', and especially late in the song: 5:01 'listen now', and all those 'don't you hear me now' moments. So cool. Nice guitar solo at 2:38.

I hope you feel better after listening to this song...I know I always do. Thanks, Maurice White, and the rest of you guys, for all the great music you gave to the world.
Image result for earth wind and fire 1975




No comments:

Post a Comment