Wednesday, November 23

November 23, 2016 - The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy) (1969)


There are only a few words: I want you so bad it's driving me mad she's so heavy. The music is fantastic, some cool bass lines and guitar solos and Billy Preston on the organ, and John gets in some nice wails, but let's be honest here -  I Want You (She's So Heavy) is primarily about the final movement. If you want to skip straight to that, it begins at 4:39. It is a massive wall of sound, heavy and intense. Layers of guitar build up like an iron snowball, massive and powerful, crushing everything in its way. The winds howl all around, and it feels like the world is about to end. In case you're curious, the finale is almost through its fifteenth cycle when the song abruptly hits the wall. I'm still never quite ready for it.

Image result for beatles 1969 abbey road she's so heavy





No comments:

Post a Comment