I still remember buying the album Hello, I Must Be Going! by Phil Collins. It was at Laury's Records in the Deerfield Commons, it was a Saturday morning, and I was out running errands with my Dad. By this time in 1983, I had heard a few other songs from it and decided I liked them as well. That same day, I also picked up Men At Work's Cargo (I liked Overkill and It's A Mistake), and Pink Floyd's The Final Cut (based solely on liking Now Now John).
I Don't Care Anymore is like the little brother of In The Air Tonight. It has that same keyboard backed shadowy atmosphere. Not as good but still a decent song. He was beginning to crank out the hits, well on his way to dominating the 80s. I never cared much for the stuff that came after, like Sussudio and One More Night and so on. But I remember being impressed when he started out playing Live Aid in London then flew the Concorde to Philly later in the day. The guy was everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment