Monday, May 29

Ramones - I Don't Want To Live This Life (Anymore)



I Don't Want To Live This Life (Anymore) begins with a G-D-E chord progression. The only other song I could think of with this same pattern is Julian Cope's version of Roky Erickson's "I Have Always Been Here Before." I thought maybe Screaming Trees "Nearly Lost You" but no. Maybe another grunge song? It sounds kinda 90s grunge no?

This is a song about a guy whose girl dies and he's sad and doesn't know how he can go on. Dee Dee wrote it about Sid and Nancy. The tempo slows at the first verse. The chorus is like the intro progression but they stick an Am into it because, you know, it's sad. 

Yet another of the "I want/I don't want" Ramones songs, I think there's about fifty of them.

album:All the Stuff (And More), Vol. 2 









2 comments: